Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Legacy

Legacy, that which is left behind. The thoughts and effects of my life which remain when all that I'll ever do is done.
When my name is spoken will I be seen the way I saw myself or will the chronicle of my existence tell a story that reveals undiscovered truths of great successes and dismal failures which ultimately was the journey I called my life.
Legacy, that which I leave behind for someone else be it my son or daughter or that unnamed stranger whose life I unknowingly touched by some unintended kindness resulting from a chance encounter not created by me. A thought implanted in the mind of another inspiring motivating changing the course of their journey. A word spoken strengthening encouraging opening eyes to the goodness and promises of God. A confession of weakness which gives strength and hope to another in their own struggles.
When the final truth is told what is it that I have to leave to this world but a testimony of my pursuit of joy and happiness, my falls and my rising up after the fall. What more could I leave than the knowledge that with each breath comes new life and new opportunity, a future not yet determined awaiting input to form a legacy of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment